- Do you have a professional liability insurance policy available for bail enforcement agents (bounty hunters, fugitive recovery agents, etc.)?
We offer both commercial liability and professional liability for bounty hunters, fugitive recovery agents, etc. We provide specialty coverages such as weapons coverage, wrongful entry, wrongful seizure, abuse and molestation, and more. We have also created a personal liability protection. This coverage only costs a few hundred dollars a year and protects an individual from civil suits. We provide legal defense and if a claim results we will pay up to the limits that an insured has selected. This personal protection is additional coverage for employees to protect them when a suit is brought against them individually.
- What, specifically, does this policy cover?
Our policy covers the named insured and any additional scheduled employees.
- Who is underwriting the policy and are they a reputable entity? Are they rated?
The majority of our policies are written through Prime Insurance which has an AM Best rating of B++ and has been in business for almost 30 years. If we do not go through Prime, Lloyds of London will be the carrier.
- How did you come to realize that a need existed for bail enforcement agents and private investigators who provide fugitive recovery services?
We are an excess and surplus lines brokerage that has been in business for nearly 30 years. Evolution has spent this time offering protection to those insureds in markets that other companies decline. We have provided coverage for all areas of law enforcement and security work and through discussions with insureds we realized that fugitive recovery is excluded from most policies.
- What are the requirements for a potential client to qualify for coverage?
We have no set requirements in order to be insured with us. We will look at any risk even if they are new to the business, have past claims or prior financial trouble. We offer lower rates for individuals with higher hours of training and more experience.
- What specific exclusions apply?
We have no set exclusions. We like to customize our policies in order to make sure that we cover all the areas that an insured will need protection.
- What policy limits and deductibles are available through this policy?
Again we offer customized policies so an individual can create the limits they need at a premium that works for them. We can range from a $50,000 aggregate to a $2,000,000 aggregate with different deductible options and sub-limits.
- Do you offer coverage for investigators and agents who carry a concealed firearm?
Yes we do. We offer this coverage for individuals licensed to carry a concealed weapon from police officers to bounty hunters.
- Do you offer legal defense and personal liability coverage?
Yes we do. We have created a separate branch just for our personal protection called Xinsurance. You can find out more about this at www.xinsurance.com . We do not have to be your primary or business insurer to offer you our personal protection.
- Do you offer Errors and Omissions / Professional Liability policies written specifically for private investigators?
Yes we do. Again our customization of policies allows us to create policies for each individual we insure.
- Do you offer “gap coverage” in the event a potential client already has a professional liability policy but needs coverage for activities excluded from his or her current policy?
Filling in Gaps or exclusions has been one of our focuses for the last three decades. We fill in exclusions to allow individuals to keep as much of their business in the standard markets as possible. This provides them with lower premiums but insures they have coverage in all the areas it is needed. We can fill in exclusions with weapons coverage, assault and battery, abuse and molestation, wrongful acts, wrongful entry, non-owned auto, and more.
- In which states are these policies available?
We can do business in all 50 states.
- Where are you located?
We are located in Chicago, IL and we also have a location in Sandy, Utah
- How long have you been in business?
We have been in business for nearly 30 years.
- If our readers have questions concerning your services and insurance policies, what is the easiest way for them to get a hold of you?
I can be contacted at any of the information below.